Contact: Rachel Brockway, Marketing and Resource Development Manager
(480) 627-6710 email@example.com
Scottsdale Leadership, a nonprofit community leadership development program has elected its 2011-12 board of directors.
Scottsdale Leadership’s mission is to inform, inspire and empower leaders to champion and strengthen the interests of the community.
The 2011-12 board members include the following Scottsdale Leadership alumni:
• President, Brian Bednar, Salt River Project
• Past-President, Doreen Reinke, Scottsdale Insurance Company
• President-Elect, Patti Counce, Chicago Title Insurance Co.
• Treasurer, Carol Damaso, Scottsdale Public Library
• Secretary, Suzanne Walden-Wells, DC Ranch Community Council
Board of Directors:
• Zack Barna, boompromo
• Jane Blacker, Russ Lyon Sotheby’s International Realty
• Marc Blonstein, Berens, Kozub, Kloberdanz & Blonstein
• Kimberly Crowther Miller, DC Ranch Community Council
• Patti Goodrich, Choice Hotels International
• Karolyn Kiburz, Meetings & Concierges Source
• Stefanie Lerner, Encore Creative Décor and Entertainment
• Mike Merucci, Foundation for Burns & Trauma
• David Nelson, Scottsdale Insurance Company
• Suzanne Paetzer, TriAra Consulting
• Scott Palmer, Salt River Materials Group
• Kevin Patrick, Charles Schwab
• Jennifer Rueb, Hotel Valley Ho
• Mike Seiden, retired president Western International University
• Jami Thompson, Shine Factory
• Susie Timm, SCM Timm Enterprises
• Cynthia Wenstrom, Realty Executives
Board president Brian Bednar is Senior Account Manager for SRP and a graduate of Scottsdale Leadership Class 20. Bednar has developed leadership roles by participating in and promoting active volunteerism with the Fiesta Bowl committee for over 15 years. He has been supporting the communities’ youth through the Big Brothers/Sisters program for the past 25 years. Bednar is also an active member of the alumni team for his fraternity, Kappa Sigma, at ASU, that helps mentor and teach 60+ young men at the chapter about leadership. His most recent awards include the SRP President’s Volunteer Spirit Award for Community Service and the Karl F. Abel Volunteer Recognition Award. Bednar shares Scottsdale Leadership’s core values and is looking forward to a dynamic year, positively impacting the civic, philanthropic, business and cultural climate of our community.
For more information about Scottsdale Leadership, call (480) 627-6710 or visit www.scottsdaleleadership.org.