By MELISSA RZEPPA, Class 23
Partner & PR Director – Serendipit Consulting
Scottsdale Leadership Class 25 is certainly going to have a LOT to live up to with all of the buzz that Class 24 has been getting for their Pay it Forward projects! Most recently, this article was published on the American Libraries website, recognizing the Scottsdale Public Libraries for its “Meet Green” program that was instituted earlier this year.
With the help of Class 24, the Scottsdale Public Library system now asks patrons who want to use the library’s meeting rooms to follow a simple, eco-friendly set of guidelines, including:
– refrain from handing out paper unless absolutely necessary
– use refillable water bottles instead of plastic water bottles
– use recycled materials when serving food
– use appropriate recycling containers
– turn off all lights and equipment used at the end of the meeting
How great would it be if all public meeting spaces asked these same rules of all patrons?